Thursday, November 27, 2008

I actually have something to review! *Gasp*

This Must Be the Place: The Adventures of Talking Heads in the 20th Century
by David Bowman
Amazon link



I finished this about an hour ago. My feelings are similar to what others have already said on Amazon: too David Byrne-centric and the art history stuff isn't completely necessary. Now, I'm no hater on Mr. Byrne. He's an important figure, but I sincerely believe in giving credit to the other band members (Chris Frantz, Tina Weymouth, and Jerry Harrison) for shaping as much of the sound as David. I recommend this book, but I only caution the reader to be careful and to consider all the angles.

After reading this, with a saddened heart, I can (somewhat) understand why this fine band haven't reunited. Or never will.

~

Here's to hoping I'm wrong... and oh yeah, try to borrow the book from the library. That's how I managed to read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment