Monday, December 27, 2010

Best of 2010: Book Edition

I regret to say that this list was unfortunately small to put together. I have read more older books this time 'round, I suppose.



Number 2- The Shallows: What the Internet Is Doing to Our Brains by Nicholas Carr
  • This book has made me officially scared of the Internet. The book talks about how our information consumption regarding the Internet is rewiring our brains for the worse (i.e. unable to comprehend longer pieces of information, like a long book). I do see this kind of thinking and processing in me, so I can attest to the validity of it. Give it a read if you are interested in Internet culture and cognitive science.

The top choice is obvious...
Number 1- Just Kids by Patti Smith
  • I have read it twice this year already, and even wrote a review, so y'all know how I feel about it already. But it was still a good book. 
 
I told you it would be short. Stay tuned for the final post, on the moving pictures!

No, not the Rush album. Though, that album does rule.

No comments:

Post a Comment